Plan Submittal Guidelines
- Animal Research Safety
- Biological Safety
- Acute Biological Toxins
- Biohazard Project Registration
- Biohazardous Waste Disposal
- Biological Spills
- BioPath Program
- BloodBorne Pathogen Program
- NIH Guidelines Flowchart
- Plant Research & Greenhouses
- Recombinant & Synthetic Nucleic Acids
- Research Involving Flying Insects
- SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 Specimen Research
- Select Agents
- Shipping and Transport of Biological Materials
- Vaccination for Research Personnel
- Chemical and Lab Safety
- First Aid Kit Info
- Chemical Safety
- Lab Safety
- Gator TRACS
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Radiation and Laser Safety
- Report Lab Closeout
- Boating & Dive Safety
- Industrial Hygiene & Occupational Safety
- 3D Printer Policy
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Respirator Protection Policy
- Respirator Use
- Pesticide Use
- Occupational Medicine
- Risk Management Insurance & Liability
- Certificate of Coverage
- Report a Claim
- Risk Management
- Building Codes Enforcement
- Building Emergency Coordinators
- ADA Assessment
- Certificate of Occupancy or Completion
- Applicable Building Codes for the State of Florida and the University of Florida
- Code Permit Fee Schedule
- Permit Application Process
- Permit Instructions
- Plan Submittal Guidelines
- Temporary Structures on Campus – Including Tents
- Chartfield Form Codes Permits
- Fire Plan Review and Inspection
- Pest Management
Electronic Submittal Requirements
For building plans and supporting documentation to be considered for acceptance through the EH&S permitting portal, the following electronic submittal requirements must be met:
- All files must be in PDF format and compatible with Adobe.
- The size of any individual electronic file cannot exceed 70 MB.
- If the electronic document exceeds 70 MB, the submission must be split into Architectural, Civil, Landscape, Structural, Plumbing/Fire Protection, HVAC, and Electrical sections.
- Subsections that exceed the 70 MB requirement must be further subdivided such that they are less than 70 MB. The electronic signed and sealed sets and any changes to the permit documents shall be locked and password protected.
- Every plan and document file must be named, (e.g., Architectural plan set, plumbing plan set, energy calculations, etc.).
- Every plan and document must have the correct document type selected, (e.g., Building Plans, pick “Building Plans”).
- Plans and documents prepared by design professionals such as architects and engineers require an electronic seal and digital signature in compliance with the Florida Administrative Code. Digital signatures must be locked to prevent tampering. See our EHS Digital Seal Policy 2021 for complete requirements.
Supporting Documents – Additional Electronic Submittal Requirements
In addition to the requirements outlined in the Electronic Submittal Requirements section of this document, supporting documents must meet the following requirements in order to be accepted by UF EH&S:
- Supporting documentation that includes multiple pages must be submitted as a single, combined, multi-page PDF file. If, for example, energy calculations containing multiple pages are submitted, then all pages must be submitted as a combined PDF file and not as individually uploaded pages. Multi-page supporting documents submitted as part of the same project must also be separated by category according to the following:
- Energy Calculations
- FEMA Substantial Improvement Documents
- Engineering Report
- Threshold Reports
- Other Documents
In the event plans and/or supporting documentation were disapproved during plan review and those plans/documents are required to be resubmitted, the following submittal requirements shall be observed:
- When resubmitting to address previous disapproval comments, only the sheets requiring corrections are required. You have the option of uploading the entire set of plans/documentation if you prefer.
- All corrections shall be clouded; identified by number with a triangle. Each issue must be addressed in the Digital Plan Room with a response that clearly identifies how and where the comment has been addressed on the plans.
- Resubmittals must be in the same format (PDF), scale, orientation, etc. as the original submittal(s) and adhere to the submittal requirements outlined within this document.
Provide the ELECTRONIC RECORD DOCUMENT TRANSMITTAL FORM with the submittal. The electronic plans shall uploaded into our Dropbox folder. EH&S will be automatically notified of the submission.
Criteria for plan submittal is found in Section 107 of the Florida Building Code, Chapter 1 – Administration as modified by EH&S and Chapter 16, FBC-Bldg.