- 12 & 15 Passenger Van Policy
- 3D Printer Policy
- Asbestos Floor Tile Policy
- Asbestos Policy
- Basic Electrical Safety Policy
- Bicycles and Other Transportation Vehicles in University Buildings
- Biohazards Medical Monitoring Policy
- Biological Waste Disposal Policy
- Building Code Enforcement Policy
- Chain Saw Safety Policy
- Compressed Gas Cylinders Condensed Safety Rules
- Compressed Gas Cylinders Use and Storage
- Confined Space Entry Policy
- Contractor Health and Safety Requirement Policy
- Dive Boat Safety Policy – Responsibilities
- Drones & Unmanned Aircraft System Policy
- Electronics Reuse/Recycle
- Fall Protection Policy
- Feral Cats & Other Wild Animals Living on Campus Policy
- Golf Cart Policy
- Hazard Communication Policy
- Hazardous Energy Control (Lock out/Tag out) Policy
- Hearing Conservation Policy
- Heat Stress Policy
- Hot Work Safety Policy
- Indoor Environmental Quality Policy
- Lab Closeout Policy
- Lead Paint Policy
- Mercury Spills
- Minors in Research Laboratories, Clinics, or Animal Facilities
- Motorcycle, Scooter (Includes E-Scooters)/Moped, Segway and Bicycle Use by Employees: Personal Protective Equipment Policy
- Natural Gas Leaks Policy
- Occupational Safety Forms
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Portable Power Tool Safety
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts)
- Q Fever/Coxiella burnetii in Sheep, Goats and Cattle Control Policy
- Recreational Use of the Lake Alice Watershed Policy
- Respiratory Protection Policy
- Shop Safety & Machine Guarding Policy
- Student Shop Safety Policy
- Temporary Structures on Campus (Including Tents)
- Tractor & Roll Over Protection Structures (ROPS) Safety Policy
- Trenching and Excavation Policy
- Vaccination Policy for Research Personnel
Shailendra Singh, PhD, MBA
As the Director of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), he oversees laboratory and research safety, occupational safety and risk management, and facility support services. His team supports the University’s mission to establish a safe and healthy environment for the university community and to lead compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Prior to joining UF, Shail was the Director of EH&S at Carnegie Mellon University and developed various new safety programs. He also established the EH&S program at Brammer Bio and lead a team of EH&S professionals to manage the Chemical Hygiene Program at the University of Delaware. Before that, he worked as a laboratory safety specialist at UF and was a part of the EH&S team that manages over 3000 labs.
Before moving to the EH&S world, Shail worked as a Research Scientist in the Department of Chemistry at UF, where we developed new technologies for heterocyclic synthesis, ionic liquids, and green technology. He was also part of a team in the College of Pharmacy at UF to develop new drugs for cancer and iron-overload treatment. He has published over 40 peer-reviewed research articles in international journals.
Shail has a PhD in physical science and an MBA. He is a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager and has a certification for Chief Risk Officer. He has volunteered during natural disaster emergencies in Florida and has served as a judge at various Science and Engineering Fairs.
Erica Gonzaga, MS
Associate Director, Research Services
Erica Gonzaga is the Associate Director of Research Services overseeing the Biosafety, Hazardous Materials Management, Lab Safety and Radiation Safety Programs. Erica joined the University of Florida in 2018 as the Chemical Hygiene Officer and was promoted to Associate Director in March 2020. Her mission as Associate Director is to help progress research in a safe and healthy manner while fostering collaborative relationships with the research community.
Prior to joining UF, Erica worked in industry developing and applying air pollution control solutions for coal-fired power plants and cement plants. In her positions, she supported research & development, implemented a quality control program for a new to market product, and lead full-scale testing efforts across several plants in North America.
Erica holds a bachelor’s degree in Biological Engineering and a master’s degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Florida. She spends her free time relaxing with her husband and daughter, going to the gym, and enjoying Gainesville’s local food scene.
David Kramer, MS
Associate Director, Facility Support
Dave Kramer is the Associate Director of Facility Support overseeing Fire Safety, Building Codes, and Pest Management Services. He began his career in fire and building safety as a Lieutenant/Paramedic in the Satellite Beach Fire Department. He joined UF in 1991 as the UF Fire Safety Officer. In 1999, he proposed and implemented the first Building Code Enforcement program in the State University System. He was named as UF’s Building Code Administrator in 1999 and has helped grow the program since that time.
Dave earned a Bachelor of Science Business Administration from the University of Central Florida (formerly FTU) and a Master of Building Construction from the University of Florida.
Dave has been an active member of the Boy Scouts in Alachua County and served in various roles within that organization.
Dennis Fleetwood, MPA
Associate Director, Occupational Safety & Risk Management
Dennis Fleetwood is the Associate Director of Occupational Safety & Risk Management. He began his career in higher education as the Hazardous Materials Program Manager for the University of Georgia. He relocated to Gainesville as the Corporate Compliance Manager for Quadrex Corporation, before returning to higher education as the Hazardous Materials Program Manager at the University of Florida in 1995.
Dennis Served as Director of Environmental Safety and Risk Management at Miami University (Ohio) from 2005 – 2015 before returning to the University of Florida as Associate Director of Occupational Safety and Risk Management in August of 2015.
Dennis holds Bachelor of Science (BS) Degrees in both Biology and Environmental Health Sciences from Western Carolina University, and a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree from the University of Georgia.
Dennis spends his free time competing in triathlons, volunteering at Shands Children’s Hospital, and supporting his fellow veterans.
Administrative Specialist II, Finance Manager
IT Professional II