Laboratory and Chemical Safety
The Lab and Chemical Safety Program is responsible for safety and environmental compliance within research and teaching labs throughout UF facilities. Our focus is to provide proactive direction for labs with safety issues and to facilitate compliance.
- Maintain compliance with the multitude of safety and health regulations pertaining to laboratories on the University of Florida campus
- Act as a facilitator in resolving non-compliance laboratory safety issues
- Ensure that all laboratory staff understand and apply safe work practices
- Empower laboratory staff and Principle Investigators with the knowledge to rectify non-compliant issues
- Provide training to lab staff for safe use of equipment and hazardous materials in the lab environment
A Lab Safety Survey Schedule for 2021 is available and provides a general timeline of when labs on campus may be inspected by EH&S.