Drones & Unmanned Aircraft System Policy
- Service Animals in Labs
- 12 & 15 Passenger Van Policy
- 3D Printer Policy
- Asbestos Floor Tile Policy
- Asbestos Policy
- Basic Electrical Safety Policy
- Bicycles and Other Transportation Vehicles in University Buildings
- Biohazards Medical Monitoring Policy
- Biological Waste Disposal Policy
- Building Code Enforcement Policy
- Chain Saw Safety Policy
- Compressed Gas Cylinders Condensed Safety Rules
- Compressed Gas Cylinders Use and Storage
- Confined Space Entry Policy
- Contractor Health and Safety Requirement Policy
- Dive Boat Safety Policy – Responsibilities
- Drones & Unmanned Aircraft System Policy
- Electronics Reuse/Recycle
- Fall Protection Policy
- Feral Cats & Other Wild Animals Living on Campus Policy
- Golf Cart Policy
- Hazard Communication Policy
- Hazardous Energy Control (Lock out/Tag out) Policy
- Hearing Conservation Policy
- Heat Stress Policy
- Hot Work Safety Policy
- Indoor Environmental Quality Policy
- Lab Closeout Policy
- Lead Paint Policy
- Mercury Spills
- Minors in Research Laboratories, Clinics, or Animal Facilities
- Motorcycle, Scooter (Includes E-Scooters)/Moped, Segway and Bicycle Use by Employees: Personal Protective Equipment Policy
- Natural Gas Leaks Policy
- Occupational Safety Forms
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Portable Power Tool Safety
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts)
- Q Fever/Coxiella burnetii in Sheep, Goats and Cattle Control Policy
- Recreational Use of the Lake Alice Watershed Policy
- Respiratory Protection Policy
- Shop Safety & Machine Guarding Policy
- Student Shop Safety Policy
- Temporary Structures on Campus (Including Tents)
- Tractor & Roll Over Protection Structures (ROPS) Safety Policy
- Trenching and Excavation Policy
- Vaccination Policy for Research Personnel
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to provide information with respect to regulatory processes and operational procedures regarding UAS / Drone operations for the University of Florida. This policy / procedure covers all university Faculty, Staff, Students, and Vendors who wish to operate UAS / Drones as part of their University employment or University Program regardless of location.
By authority delegated from the University President, the Vice President for Business Affairs is responsible for the safety of all University facilities. Under this authority, policies are developed to provide a safe teaching, research, service, housing and recreational environment.
Any Faculty, Staff, Student or Vendor must obtain authorization prior to conducting any UAS / Drone flight operations while on any University property or in connection with University employment regardless of location or category of flight (i.e. Civil, Public or Recreational)
The Office of Unmanned Aircraft Systems within Environmental Health and Safety is the single point of contact for any FAA Certificate of Authorization / Waiver / Exemption involving the University of Florida, its Faculty, Students or Staff. All Waivers, Authorization or Exemptions must be approved by EH&S prior to submission to the FAA for approval. UAS shall not be used to monitor or record areas where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy in accordance with accepted social norms. These areas include but are not limited to restrooms, locker rooms, individual residential rooms, changing or dressing rooms, and health treatment rooms.
UAS shall not be used to monitor or record residential hallways, residential lounges, or the interior of campus daycare facilities.
Restrictions shall also be imposed on campus locations that are considered sensitive due to research or athletic activities.
UAS shall not be used to monitor or record sensitive institutional or personal information which may be found, for example, on an individual’s workspace or on computer or other electronic displays.
Model aircraft use on University of Florida property will be held to the same restrictions as UAS’s and must be approved by Environmental Health and Safety.