UF Personnel UAS Procedures
Faculty,Staff and Students that wish to use UAS must be FAA Part 107 licensed as Remote Pilots. Registration with both the FAA and EH&S is required. Prior to any flights, an online request with a flight plan must be submitted. Once the flight request/plan has been reviewed, a permit for the flight can be issued. Currently, there are no provisions for recreational flying on our main campus due to the location of nearby hospitals and airports with significant air traffic.
EH&S can also assist with the evaluation of aircraft prior to purchase to determine if it meets the mission requirements. EH&S has a subject matter expert who is a commercially certified pilot under FAA Part 61 and Part 107 that can assist with Part 107 education, mission planning and mission execution. EH&S has the capability to provide aerial footage of 4K video and still photography as well as mapping missions which may include orthomosaics and 3D renderings.
- FAA Part 107 License
- EH&S Initial Pilot and Aircraft Registration (One aircraft can be added with initial pilot registration).
- Initial online registration with FAA
- EH&S Registration for an Aircraft (must have already registered pilot information with EH&S)
- Online Flight Request – Use the submit button.
- Aircraft purchasing consulting
- FAA Part 107 License assistance
- Turnkey solutions