Announcement: The Biosafety Manual is now available online.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to protect UF employees, students, affiliates, the general public, and the environment from harmful biological materials. The UF Biosafety Program provides guidance on the appropriate containment principles, technologies, and practices needed to prevent accidental exposures or releases involving human, animal, or plant disease agents, recombinant DNA, biologically-derived toxins, or other biohazards. We work with UF’s life science research, health care, agricultural, and biotechnology communities to promote the safe handling and containment of these agents and to ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and international regulations for biohazards.
- Handling Biological Spills Updated 4/17/14
- Assembling a Biological Spill Kit
- Incident Management Procedures Updated 4/9/14
- Emergency Management Procedures Updated 4/9/14
- Biomedical Waste Guidelines
- Do Not Recap Needles
- Eye-wash Testing Log
- Biohazard Decontamination Documentation
- Packaging Biological Waste
- Safety-Engineered Sharps
- Options for Collecting Non-Medical Sharps