Initiate a Health Assessment
Departments must initiate a health assessment when their job duties are included in the Occupational Medicine Program.
Information Needed to Initiate a Health Assessment
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s department
- Candidate’s UFID number (Employee ID) –
If UF Directory does not list the individual’s UFID, the individual must be added to the directory
- Candidate’s position title and number (if applies)
- Supervisor’s name and phone number
- Payment information
Health Assessment Type Depends on Job Duty
Review of Comprehensive Health History and Immunization Records
The department prompts the individual to complete and submit the appropriate forms if the following job duties apply.
Delivery of the above forms to the SHCC can be
-in person at the Shands OCCMED Clinic on the 2nd floor of the Dental Tower (D2-49),
-electronic form submission via link on individual forms.
-Email to email@example.com .
- Animal Contact – Risk Assessment for Animal Contact
- Contact with Human Blood or Other Potentially Infectious Material – Training and Vaccination Form
- Patient Contact – Post Offer Screening Patient Contact Form
Note: This requires an appointment with a nurse at the SHCC Occupational Medicine Clinic. Call (352) 294-5700.
On-Site Physical Exam and Review of Immunization Records
Department calls the SHCC at Shands OCCMED Clinic at (352) 294-5700 for an appointment for the following job duties.
The Clinic is located in room D2-49 of the Health Science Center.
Note: UF-affiliated units outside the Gainesville area such as IFAS Research and Education Centers call their local health care provider for an appointent for the following job duties. That local provider sends the confidential medical records generated from the phyical exam directly to the SHCC OCCMED Clinic using the Medical Record Transfer Fax Cover Sheet.
- Asbestos Work
- BioPath (RG3/BSL3)
- Commercial Driver License
- Frequent Reaching Above Shoulder
- Heavy Lifting
- Law Enforcement
- Operation of Special Purpose Vehicles
- Pesticide Use
- Repeated Bending
- Repetitive Pulling and Pushing
- Respiratory Use
- Scientific Research Diving
The department calls the UF Health Hearing Center at (352) 265-6820 for a baseline and annual audiogram for the following job duty. This clinic is located at UF Health The Oaks.
- Work in areas of excessive noise
Contact the Environmental Health and Safety Occupational Medicine office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 392-1591 for further information.