Hazardous Waste Training
All University of Florida personnel who work with hazardous chemicals are required to have annual training covering the management of their hazardous waste.
This training is presented by EH&S facilitators at various locations around campus. It is designed to assist workers with meeting all Federal and State regulations governing the storage and disposal of hazardous chemical waste.
Topics covered in the training include the following.
- Rules of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Hazardous Waste Identification, Storage, and Disposal
- Emergency Response (Chemical Spills, Personnel Exposure, etc.)
- Minimization of Hazardous Waste
Registration for training classes is available in myTraining as soon as the class has been scheduled. Use the course codes listed below to search for a class. Be sure to “View All”, located on the right hand side of the search results, to see all available class sessions.
If you encounter problems using the myTraining system while trying to reserve a spot in one of our instructor-led training (ILT) classes, or if for any reason you do not have access to myTraining, you may simply call the CRWD group at 392-8400 and we will make sure to reserve a seat for you
Hazardous Waste Training Requirements
UF_EHS809 – Hazardous Waste Management for Laboratory Workers
- Required annually for all lab workers who work with any type of chemical
- Everyone must complete training before starting work in the lab
- Workers and PIs who are not acting as lab waste managers may use online version for annual refresher training in subsequent years
UF_EHS810 – Hazardous Waste Management for Building Services Workers
- Required annually for all Building Services staff members
- EH&S facilitates all sessions; supervisors should contact Chemical and Radioactive Waste Disposal group to schedule annual refresher training for their workers
UF_EHS811 – Hazardous Waste Management for Maintenance Workers
- Required annually for maintenance staff members
(Physical Plant shop workers, Housing, IFAS, UAA, and all departmental/building maintenance workers)
- EH&S facilitates all sessions;
supervisors may contact Chemical and Radioactive Waste Disposal group to schedule annual refresher training for their workers