• Facility Support Services
  • Occupational Safety & Risk Management
  • Research Safety & Services
  • Overview
    While the state property insurance covers contents inside a building, it does not cover for all types of loss and is only Actual Cash Value. Fine Arts are unique in value and the types of loss they can sustain. As such, additional insurance is recommended to cover them.
    The coverage period renews each December 31. The policy insures indoor artwork against physical loss or physical damage during the period of insurance while on exhibition, in transit, and or in incidental storage.  This coverage shall extend to fine arts on loan to or owned by the University including but not limited to:  museum collections, murals, stained glass, sculptures, gallery exhibits, and paintings.

    Examples of covered items:
    • Outdoor sculptures
    • Museum collections
    • Gallery exhibits
    Request Insurance
    Complete the certificate of coverage request form and submit it to the Insurance Coordinator.
    To file a claim, please provide prompt notice and complete the Claims Form. Return to the Insurance Coordinators