Faculty/Staff UAS Procedures
Faculty and Staff that wish to use UAS must be FAA Part 107 licensed as Remote Pilots. Registration for both FAA and EH&S is required. Prior to any flights an online request with a flight plan must be submitted. Once the flight request / plan has been reviewed, a permit for the flight can be issued. EH&S can also assist with the evaluation of aircraft prior to purchase to determine if it meets the mission requirements. EH&S has a subject matter expert who is a commercially certified pilot under FAA Part 61 and Part 107 that can assist with Part 107 education, mission planning and mission execution. EH&S has the capability to provide aerial footage of 4K video and still photography as well as mapping missions which may include orthomosaics and 3D renderings.
- FAA Part 107 License
- EH&S Initial Pilot and Aircraft Registration (One aircraft can be added with initial pilot registration).
- Initial online registration with FAA
- EH&S Registration for an Aircraft (must have already registered pilot information with EH&S)
- Online Flight Request – Use the submit button.
- Aircraft purchasing consulting
- FAA Part 107 License assistance
- Turnkey solutions