Health Assessment Required? Components?
The University of Florida requires that employment in positions with UF OCCMED Program-covered job duties be subject to the successful completion of a health assessment – a job offer is contingent upon the favorable results of the post-offer preplacement health assessment. The applicant may not begin work until after being cleared to work by the UF OCCMED Clinic at UF in Gainesville.
UF also requires volunteers who will perform UF OCCMED Program-covered job duties be subject to the successful completion of a health assessment before the duties begin.
Preplacement Health Assessments (PPHAs) are completed initially.
Periodic Health Assessments are completed at specific frequencies dependent on the specific OCCMED Program.
Departments schedule health assessments based on where the individual will work.
- For work within the Gainesville area, the departments coordinate with the UF OCCMED Clinic. Ph: 352-294-5700.
- For work outside the Gainesville area, the departments coordinate with a local provider who sends all resulting medical records to the UF OCCMED Clinic, Box 100148, Gainesville, FL 32611; Fax: 352-846-2003; Ph: 352-294-5700. Fax Cover Sheet
Documentation for Health Assessments
- UF Employee Preplacement Health Assessments: Policies and Procedures PDF file provides health assessment details.
- OCCMED Medical Monitoring Program web pages provide health assessment details for periodic medical monitoring.
- OCCMED forms are used by departments, individuals and providers outside the Gainesville area.
Administrative Questions? Call UF Environmental Health and Safety: 352-392-1591
Medical Questions? Call UF OCCMED Clinic: 352-294-5700
- In the table below,
- Enter a keyword to filter the job duties and/or components.
- Sort any column to change order from job duties.
- Print for individual/department/provider reference.
- Health Assessment Matrix Excel file may also be used to filter, sort and/or print
- Print required OCCMED forms specific to job duties.
|Job Duties||Initial Health Assessment||Initial PDF Questionnaire(s)||Other Components||Periodic Health Assessment|
|Animal Contact||Risk Assessment for Animal Contact||Risk Assessment for Animal Contact||Tetanus immunization within 10 years;|
Immunizations specific to animal contact
|Renewal RA every three years|
|Asbestos-Containing Material Potential for Contact||UF Physical Exam||Initial Medical Questionnaire||Tetanus immunization within 10 years; Baseline chest x-ray; Baseline PFT||Annual physical exam and medical questionnaire|
|BioPath||UF Physical Exam||Initial Medical Questionnaire||Tetanus immunization within 10 years;|
Immunization(s) specific to agent
|Annual Medical Questionnaire|
|Commercial Driver License||DOT Physical Exam||Medical History||Tetanus immunization within 10 years;|
Initial and Random Drug testing
|Physical exam every two years|
|General Physical Activity||UF Physical Exam||Medical History||Tetanus immunization within 10 years||NA|
|Hazardous Noise Risk of Exposure||UF Physical Exam||New Hire Questionnaire||Baseline audiogram||Annual audiogram and medical questionnaire|
|Human Blood or OPIM Risk of Exposure||Offer of Hepatitis B vaccination||Training & Vaccination Form||Hep B shot (optional)||NA|
|Law Enforcement||UF Physical Exam||Medical History||Defined by State of Florida||Y|
|Operation of Special Purpose Vehicle||UF Physical Exam||Medical History||Tetanus immunization within 10 years||NA|
|Patient Contact||UF Preplacement Patient Contact Screening||N95 Respirators Medical History Questionnaire||Two PPDs within 12 month period prior to commencement of employment;|
Two doses each of Measles, Mumps and Rubella. MMR titers showing evidence of immunity can be substituted for required doses;
One dose Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap).
|Pesticide Use||UF Physical Exam||Medical Questionnaire for Pesticide Use||Tetanus immunization within 10 years;|
Class 1: Comprehensive metabolic panel
Cholinesterase-inhibiting: CMP and Two cholinesterase RBC/plasma tests within two weeks of each other; PFT if respirator required
|Annual questionnaire and biannual blood tests|
|Respirator Use (Loose-fitting)||Risk Assessment for N95 Use||N95 Respirators Medical History Questionnaire||Initial fit test||Annual fit test|
|Respirator Use (Tight-fitting)||UF Physical Exam||Initial Medical Questionnaire for Respirator Use||Tetanus immunization within 10 years;|
Pulmonary function test;
Initial fit test and training
|Annual medical questionnaire, fit test and training|
|Scientific Diving||UF Physical Exam||Diving Medical History||See Dive Safety Manual||Diver-specific exam and medical questionnaire frequency|