Theatrical and Other Unique Items
This insurance is purchased and administered by the Florida Department of Management Services, Division of State Purchasing. The outline of coverage provided herein is an overview; the actual policy will govern.
The cost of the insurance is the responsibility of the UF department. The EH&S Business Manager will invoice the department annually at the end of the policy period typically during the month of September.
If the equipment you plan to insure is a leased item, please forward the lease agreement/contract to UF Procurement for their review and approval. This step is done before insurance is requested.
- NAME: Miscellaneous Property
- PERIOD: August 08, 2014 through August 08, 2017
Including but not limited to:
- Theatrical Equipment and Props
- Other similarly unique items
Broad Form Perils – this policy insures against risk of direct physical loss or damage to the insured property unless the loss or damage is excluded.
Common Exclusions: (a complete listing is available in the policy)
- Government Action
- Nuclear Hazard
- War and Military Action
- Fungi, Wet Rot and Dry Rot
- Virus, Bacterium or Other Microorganism
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Insects, birds, rodents or other animals
Limit of Insurance
- $2,500,000 for any one covered location
- $150,000 for any one item (greater limits are subject to underwriter approval)
- $100 per occurrence for each covered loss less than $2,500
- $500 per occurrence for each covered loss $2,500 or greater
Annual Rate: $0.195 per $100 of the insured value.
Example of Estimated Cost per Year
$5,000/100 X $0.195 = $9.75
Request Coverage for Non-owned/leased items
- Complete the AJG Certificate of Insurance Request Form
(See copy of form below with EH&S instructions for completion and submission)
- Email completed form to the persons listed on the form
- Email completed form to the UF Insurance Coordinator.
- Coverage will continue as indicated on the form. Any changes are required in writing to the Insurance Coordinator.
- To file a claim, use the AJG Loss Claim Form.