Farm and Mobile Units
This insurance is purchased and administered by the Florida Department of Management Services, Division of State Purchasing. The outline of coverage provided herein is an overview; the actual policy will govern.
The cost of the insurance is the responsibility of the UF department. The EH&S Business Manager will invoice the department annually at the end of the policy period typically during the month of August.
If the equipment you plan to insure is a leased item, please forward the lease agreement/contract to UF Procurement for their review and approval. This step is done before insurance is requested.
- NAME: Contractors’ Equipment
- PERIOD: July 01, 2014 through July 01, 2017
Mobile machinery, mobile equipment, and vehicles not licensed for road use.
Examples of Covered Equipment:
- Boom Lifts
- Cargo trailers/Modular unit
- Gator Carts
Coverages and Coverage Territory
- All risks of direct physical loss or damage, except those excluded causes of loss
- Territory – United States
Limit of Insurance
- Equipment Leased, Rented or Borrowed From Others: $ 500,000.00 Per Item
There is NO coverage for losses resulting from: nuclear hazard, war, military action, and terrorism, dishonest or criminal acts by the State, delay, loss of use, loss of market or interruption of business, unexplained disappearance, shortage found upon taking inventory, the weight of a load that exceeds the applicable load rating of the equipment, according to the manufacturer’s load chart rating, wear and tear, gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust, dampness, and freezing or extreme changes of temperature, hidden or latent defects and mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- $1,000.00 for equipment valued at $10,000 or less (leased, loaned, or rented property)
- $5,000.00 for equipment valued between $10,001 up to $200,000
- $10,000.00 for equipment valued greater than $200,000
Based on the rate of $0.1325 per $100 of insured values per quarter, use the form below to estimate the Cost of Coverage.
- [CP_CALCULATED_FIELDS id=”6″]
Request Coverage for Non-owned/leased items
- Complete the GH Certificate of Insurance Request Form
(See copy of form below with EH&S instructions for completion and submission)
- Email completed form to the persons listed on the form
- Email completed form to the UF Insurance Coordinator.
- Coverage will continue as indicated on the form. Any changes are required in writing to the Insurance Coordinator.
Request Coverage for Owned Items
If your department, division, unit, etc. is interested in signing up for this insurance, please complete the below excel spreadsheet with your Equipment. An example highlighted in yellow is shown on the spreadsheet.
- Complete the Coverage Request Form for Owned Items
- Save and Send Excel Request Form as Email Attachment to the UF Insurance Coordinator
- To file a claim, use the GH Loss Claim Form.
- The lesser of the following:
The cost of reasonably restoring that property to its condition immediately before loss, or
the cost of replacing that property with property of similar make, model, age, & condition.
- In all cases, the value of property shall not exceed the insured value as per the Contractor’s Equipment Schedule on file with the company.