FEMA and the State of Florida declared an emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic, with an incident period beginning January 20, 2020.
Environmental Health & Safety is soliciting departments and colleges for expenses related to COVID-19, incurred between January 20, 2020 and June 30, 2020.
Zoom Sessions Videos for Submitting Application & Supporting Documentation:
Eligible expenses are related to emergency protective measures that eliminate or lessen immediate threats to lives, public health, or safety. These include, but are not limited to:
- Management, control and reduction of immediate threats to public health and safety:
- Training specific to the declared event
- Disinfection of eligible public facilities
- Technical assistance to state, tribal, territorial or local governments on emergency management and control of immediate threats to public health and safety
- Emergency medical care:
- Non‐deferrable medical treatment of infected persons in a shelter or temporary medical facility
- Related medical facility services and supplies
- Temporary medical facilities and/or enhanced medical/hospital capacity (for treatment when existing facilities are reasonably forecasted to become overloaded in the near term and cannot accommodate the patient load or to quarantine potentially infected persons)
- Use of specialized medical equipment o Medical waste disposal
- Emergency medical transport
- Security and law enforcement
- Communications of general health and safety information to the public
To assist in compiling expenses, the controller’s office established flex code COVID. Eligible categories are:
- Labor (overtime only)
- Contracted work
If you would like to participate, please submit eligible expenses incurred from January 20, 2020 to June 30, 2020, using the forms below. Completed documentation and any questions should be submitted to Brian Hunt, Risk Coordinator, (352)392-1591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline is Aug 7, 2020.
Download forms and “Save As” to your computer.
Complete and send as an attachment via e-mail to: email@example.com