Boiler & Machinery
This insurance is purchased and administered by the Florida Department of Management Services, Division of State Purchasing. The outline of coverage provided herein is an overview; the actual policy will govern.
The cost of insurance for this policy is handled through the Office of the VP for Business Affairs. The covered locations are provided by the maintenance/property coordinators within each respected area, such as Housing.
- NAME: Boiler & Machinery
- PERIOD: October 1 to October 1
Boiler and machinery insurance covers direct, accidental damage to objects within covered locations. (See defined terms below.) The insurance company provides inspections at no additional charge.
The State Risk Management Trust Fund does not cover losses or damage caused by the rupture, bursting, or operation of pressure relief devices; the rupture or bursting of pressure relief devices due to expansion or swelling of the contents of any building or structure caused by or resulting from water; or any loss which would normally be covered only under a standard boiler and machinery policy.
- “Accident” refers to a sudden and accidental breakdown of an object or a part of an object. At the time the breakdown occurs, it must manifest itself with physical damage to the object that necessitates repair or replacement. This includes direct loss or damage caused by the explosion of an object, unless otherwise excluded by the policy.
- “Covered location” refers to any location on schedule with the insurance company.
- “Object” refers to any boiler, fired vessel, unfired vessel normally subject to vacuum or internal pressure other than the weight of its contents; refrigerating and air conditioning vessels (and any metal piping and its accompanying equipment); mechanical or electrical machine or apparatus used for the generation, transmission, or utilization of mechanical or electrical power; and apparatus that is used for medical, diagnostic, surgical, dental, or pathological research.
- Any of the following vessels are included within the provisions of this section when used with an Object.
- Condensate return tank
- Cushion or expansion tank used with a hot water heating boiler
- Any machine
Limits apply per breakdown.
- Total Limit per breakdown $200,000,000
- Property Damage $200,000,000
- Expediting Expense $1,000,000
- Ammonia Contamination $1,000,000
- Hazardous Substance $1,000,000
- Water Damage $1,000,000
- Fungus, Decay, Wet Rot, Dry Rot and Bacteria $1,000,000
- Spoilage Damage $7,000,000*
*Spoilage coverage extension available for an additional premium.
Please refer to the policy for a full listing of coverage limits and applicable information.
Combined Deductible $10,000
Property Damage Included in Combined Deductible
Spoilage Damage: 5 % of loss, $1,000 Minimum
Premiums are assessed based upon a current rate of 0.02669709 per $1000 of value.
To report a loss