October is National Ergonomics Month!
October is National Ergonomics Month and the best way to celebrate is by incorporating ergonomics into your everyday life. You’ll be glad you did!
Try the Magis Spun Chair! Call (352) 392-3647 to set up an appointment.
Tips for New Moves
Ensure you are doing the following:
- Head level and forward facing
- Hands, wrists, and forearms flat as possible (not bent up or down)
- Back is fully supported with appropriate lumbar support when sitting.
- Feet fully supported by the floor or a footrest
1. Mobility Mondays Every Monday at 2:00 p.m. take a quick 10-minute stretching session designed to improve mobility and stretch tight muscles. Presented by GatorCare.
- When: Starts October 5 at 2:00 PM, about 10 minutes, and continuing every Monday thereafter.
- Register at: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_00BlffZ0I7lwnOd
2. Tech Gadget Device Looking for a tech gadget device (lamps, mouse devices, laptop stand) to improve your ergonomic setup? You can try some here on main campus at EH&S. Call (352)273-2132 or send an email to schedule an appointment.
3. Find the Right Fit Do you want to find the right fit in an office ergonomic setup (adjustable desks, chairs)? Call (352)273-2132 or send an email to schedule an appointment and try them out in a show room type setting.
4. Let’s Stretch! Save the dates for each of these 15 minute events and click the title to register.