Reverse Distribution Process
All reverse distributors have their own slightly different methods and requirements. The process typically involves most if not all of the following:
- Contact a Reverse Distribution Vendor to register.
- Complete the vendor’s application for approval to ship material – either in paper form and sent by mail / fax or in electronic form (both require current DEA registration).
- Additional Forms – Completing DEA D-222 form if necessary (for Schedule I & II controlled substances)
- Payment – payment or payment information is required with application.
- Shipping – once authorized, items are packaged and shipped by you via an approved shipper (Fed-Ex or UPS usually)
Always request documentation of return/disposal/destruction