Signed and sealed engineering drawings are required for all projects with a total estimated value greater than $10,000. According to F.S. 471
471.003 Qualifications for practice, exemptions.–
(1) No person other than a duly registered engineer shall practice engineering or use the name or title of “registered engineer” or any other title, designation, words, letters, abbreviations, or device tending to indicate that such person holds an active registration as an engineer in this state.
(2) The following persons are not required to register under the provisions of ss. 471.001-471.037 as a registered engineer:
(b)1. A person acting as a public officer employed by any state, county, municipal, or other governmental unit of this state when working on any project the total estimated cost of which is $10,000 or less.
2. Persons who are employees of any state, county, municipal, or other governmental unit of this state and who are the subordinates of a person in responsible charge registered under ss. 471.001-471.037, to the extent that the supervision meets standards adopted by rule of the board.
Signed and sealed architectural drawings are required for all projects costing more than $25,000. See F.S. 481:
481.229 Exceptions; exemptions from licensure.–
(1) No person shall be required to qualify as an architect in order to make plans and specifications for, or supervise the erection, enlargement, or alteration of:
(c) Any other type of building costing less than $25,000, except a school, auditorium, or other building intended for public use, provided that the services of a
registered architect shall not be required for minor school projects pursuant to s. 235.211.
Florida Statute 1013.45(4) Educational facilities contracting and construction techniques.
(4) Except as otherwise provided in this section and s. 481.229, the services of a registered architect must be used for the development of plans for the erection, enlargement, or alteration of any educational facility. The services of a registered architect are not required for a minor renovation project for which the construction cost is less than $50,000 or for the placement or hookup of re-locatable educational facilities that conform with standards adopted under s. 1013.37.