Building Codes Enforcement
Implementation of the Florida Building Code 6th Edition (2017) will occur on December 31, 2017 at midnight. Order your new code books today!
Established in 1999, the UF Building Code Enforcement Program was formed to comply with Florida Statute regulating construction operations. Today, as a member of the UF development team, we look forward to working with the various construction groups and being an integral member of the team.
Code Enforcement Services
- Review plans and provide comments for all construction projects at each phase of design
- Verify workers compensation insurance and required contractor licensing
- Issue building permits
- Perform construction progress inspections as required. Issue construction inspection reports as necessary
- Issue the Certificate of Occupancy at project completion
- Scan and archive all plans for future reference
- Provide code consultation to architects, engineers, project manager and contractors as necessary
- Provide coordination with the State Fire Marshal’s office
We now have a Portal for contractors and project managers to check building permit status, inspections, and plan reviews. You can also request inspections and upload new documents for your active building permits.
Please contact Tony McMahon to have him set up your portal.
Code Enforcement Services Patrons
- University of Florida
- IFAS Facilities
- University of North Florida
- School Board of Alachua County
- Florida School for Deaf and Blind
- Shands Hospital on UF property
- University Athletic Association
- School Board of Marion County