Building Codes Enforcement
Established in 1999, the Building Code Enforcement Program was a response by the state legislature to the damage caused by Hurricane Andrew. Today, as a member of the construction team, we look forward to working with the various construction groups and being an integral member of the construction team.
Code Enforcement Services
- Review plans and provide comments for all construction projects at each phase of design
- Verify workers compensation insurance and required contractor licensing
- Issue building permits
- Perform construction progress inspections as required. Issue construction inspection reports as necessary
- Issue the Certificate of Occupancy at project completion
- Scan and archive all plans for future reference
- Provide code consultation to architects, engineers, project manager and contractors as necessary
- Provide coordination with the State Fire Marshal’s office
We now have a Portal for contractors and project managers to check your project’s building permit status, inspections, and plan reviews. You can also request inspections and upload new documents for your active building permits.
Contact Tony McMahon if you need more information on this feature.
Code Enforcement Services Patrons
- University of Florida
- IFAS Facilities
- University of North Florida
- School Board of Alachua County
- Florida School for Deaf and Blind
- Shands Hospital on UF property
- University Athletic Association
- School Board of Marion County