BioPath approval at the University of Florida is based initially on two processes. Department and participant follow-up with both processes will help assure BioPath approval is completed in a timely manner.
- Authorization: Department submits authorization request to Environmental Health and Safety’s Biosafety’s Office for scope-of-work review.
- Initiated by the BioPath: Biohazard Medical Monitoring Authorization Form
- Health Assessment: Participant submits the BioPath Questionnaire to Student Health Care Center’s Occupational Medicine Clinic for review during the health assessment.
- Initiated by the BioPath: Biohazard Medical Assessment Questionnaire
BioPath Authorization Form
- Department completes the first section of the authorization form including information about the following.
- Type of work to be done
- Fiscal information for payment of the health assessment
- PI/supervisor information
- Department sends the form to the EH&S Biosafety Office by email to BSO@ehs.ufl.edu.
- Biosafety Office completes the form and uploads it to the SharePoint Approval List for UF OCCMED Clinic use.
Biohazards Medical Assessment Questionnaire and Health Assessment
- Participant completes the questionnaire.
- Participant submits the form to the UF OCCMED Clinic by email to OccMedClinic-RiskAssessment@ahc.ufl.edu
- Participant calls the OCCMED Clinic at (352) 294-5700 to confirm receipt of the form.
Participant also confirms the Clinic can see the authorization form on the SharePoint Approval List.
- Participant schedules an appointment with the OCCMED Clinic for the health assessment.
(Exception: Short-term visitors such as guests, vendors or contractors, who will not handle agents do not require the initial health assessment scheduled with the OCCMED Clinic unless specifically requested by the OCCMED provider.)
- Participant attends the scheduled health assessment appointment with the OCCMED provider.
- OCCMED Clinic enters status record in myUFL with an Exam Type of UF BioPath.
- Participant checks status record in myUFL: My Self Service>Personal Information>UF Health Assessment for final clearance.
Respirator Training and Fit Test (when required)
- Participant completes respirator training online in myTraining before the fit test appointment.
- Participant contacts EH&S at (352) 392-1591 for a respirator fit test if medically cleared for respirator use.
- EH&S Industrial Hygiene Office completes the fit test.
- Participant checks fit test status record in myUFL: My Self Service>Personal Information>UF Health Assessment.