BioPath approval at the University of Florida is based initially on two processes. Department and participant follow-up with both processes will help assure BioPath approval is completed in a timely manner.
- Authorization: Department submits authorization request to Environmental Health and Safety’s Biosafety’s Office for scope-of-work review.
Initiated by the BioPath: Biohazard Medical Monitoring Authorization Form
- Health Assessment: Participant submits the BioPath Questionnaire to Student Health Care Center’s Occupational Medicine Clinic for review during the health assessment.
Initiated by the BioPath: Biohazard Medical Assessment Questionnaire
BioPath Authorization Form
- Department completes the first section of the authorization form including information about
the type of work to be done,
fiscal information for payment of the health assessment and
- Department sends the form to the EH&S Biosafety Office by email, fax at (352) 392-3647 or mail for review
- Department calls the Biosafety Office at (352) 392-1591 to confirm receipt of the form
- Biosafety office reviews the form and if approved, signs and uploads the form to the SharePoint Approval List for SHCC OCCMED use
- Department should record the job duty of “human pathogen research BSL2+/BSL3″ in the position information
For positions with a number, the record is in Organizational Development; for positions without a number, the record in on the INOP form.
Biohazards Medical Assessment Questionnaire and Health Assessment
- Participant completes the questionnaire
- Participant submits the form to the SHCC’s OCCMED Clinic by fax at (352) 846-2003 or mail to Box 100148
- Participant calls the OCCMED Clinic at (352) 294-5700 to confirm receipt of the form
Participant should also confirm the Clinic can see the authorization form on the SharePoint Approval List
- Participant schedules an appointment with the OCCMED Clinic for the health assessment
(Exception: Short-term visitors such as guests, vendors or contractors, who will not handle agents do not require the initial health assessment scheduled with the OCCMED Clinic)
- Participant completes the health assessment during the appointment with the OCCMED provider
- OCCMED Clinic enters status record in myUFL with an Exam Type of Combined Health Assessment and reference to the BSL2+/BSL3.
- Participant checks status record in myUFL for final clearance
Respirator Training and Fit Test (when required)
- Participant contacts EH&S at (352) 392-1591 for a respirator fit test and training if medically cleared for respirator use
- Participant may complete respirator training online before the fit test appointment.
Employees register through myUFL.
- EH&S Industrial Hygiene Office completes the fit test.