Utility Outage/Disruption

Report emergency utility failures to University Police Department (352) 392-1111

Power Failure (Non-Emergency Failures)

  • Stay calm.
  • Help others in darkened areas move to safe locations with emergency lighting.
  • Contact appropriate work management center.

Water Leak (Non-Emergency Failures)

  • Shut down and protect critical equipment, if safe to do so.
  • Contact appropriate work management center.

Natural Gas, Fumes or Vapors

  • Contact University Police Department (352) 392-1111.
  • Provide the location of the odor and any details available to the dispatcher.
  • If instructed to do so by the dispatcher, evacuate the area.

Work Management Centers:


Source: UF Environmental Health & Safety

Version Date: 06/07/12